Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cold Turkey Pacifier Removal

I've never allowed Killian to have free-reign with his pacifier, its always been for bedtime/naps only. But lately he's been really fighting to keep it after he wakes up and I thought it would be best to get rid of it before it really becomes a problem. John (my DH) is camping @ an SCA event this weekend, so I figured it would be a good time to try something that might keep everybody up at night. Killian successfully slept through the night and is currently napping with no pacifier! Bedtime was pretty easy, naptime was another story! He wasn't having it and I wasn't giving in, so we were at a standstill. I tried everything to get him to stay in his bed and take a nap, and he thwarted all of my attempts. I took a minute, prayed to God that Killian would calm down and that I would regain some patience, then I went back in with my secret weapon - head rubs. After about a minute he was out like a light! Woohoo! Hopefully we'll have continued success and he'll be good to go for school on Tuesday!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: