Sunday, August 2, 2009

Want to Save Money At the Grocery Store? Just Bring My 2 Year-Old!

After a long shopping trip at Target today, I ended up with absolutely no groceries at no cost! How? I bought K some lunch that came with chicken strips and apple slices. We made it about a quarter-turn around the store before he finished the chicken, then I brought out the apples. Big mistake on my part, I should have known that he wanted grapes. He proceeded to scream "GRAPES!!!!" at the top of his lungs while sobbing and displaying his most fabulous face full of snot and drool, all while thrashing in the cart as if transformed from my cute little toddler into a rabid, caged wild animal. After about two aisles of trying to ignore him and all of the eyeballs on us, I grabbed my bag, pulled him out of the cart kicking and screaming, left all of our groceries (SORRY TARGET EMPLOYEES!) and left the store.
Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, been there done that. Too many times in fact!