Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Attempts at HDR Imaging

Dave at work sent me this link to a website with some crazy pictures and a tutorial on creating High Dynamic Range pictures: http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/#tools
That website uses a program to do it automatically, but the basic concept is that you take 3 pictures of the same scene with -2, 0 and +2 exposure, then merge the pictures together. The images it creates (or at least the ones the artist on that site created) are absolutely surreal. I discovered that my program has an HDR merge option, so I tried it out today. I'll post the results of the 3 I made using the HDR merge option and two more that I merged then messed with. I have to say that after trying it with my inferior photo editing software, I'm tempted to purchase the HDR program in the vanilladays tutorial! Thanks for looking, and by all means if you have suggestions - send them my way!
From [Insert Creative Blog Title Here]

From [Insert Creative Blog Title Here]

From [Insert Creative Blog Title Here]

From [Insert Creative Blog Title Here]

From [Insert Creative Blog Title Here]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to make an HDR Imaging picture of your imagination, you need to be equipped with some specialized application like Photoshop and HDR Darkroom and so forth firstly.